All department/program description data is centrally stored and managed by the Registrar’s Office. This data is used on academic department websites, wesmaps and in the printed catalog. Individual departments can make changes to their description — and the Registrar’s office will review the changes and publish them.
Editing Department/Program Description Files.
- Use a browser to go to:
- Cascade is part of single sign-on, so if you are already logged into your portfolio you will not be prompted for your username and password – you can skip to the section on changing your site.
- Login with your Wesleyan Username and Password.
- You will see your cascade dashboard (below)
- To display the navigation pane on the left of the dashboard click on the red arrow in the upper left
Changing Your Site to Registrar Catalog Data
- using the dropdown in the upper left of the cascade screen select Registrar Catalog Data
- Your left menu should now show the catalog data folder
Editing Your Files
- the files you can edit are stored in the catalogdata folder
- double click the catalogdata folder to open it
- scroll to find the files you can edit
- departmentcode-grad (only needed by departments with a grad program)
- doubleclick your file to View it
- to edit use the Edit tab
- make your edits in each of the boxes
- you can make some changes to the formatting using the wysiwyg tool bar
- when your edits are done use the Submit button at the bottom of the Edit screen
- You CAN NOT publish
Notify the Registrar’s Office
- after you have made changes to these files notify the Registrar’s Office