Here is documentation on how to add a new video or photo to your media page.
- On your videos page, select “Edit” from the tabbed menu on the page.
- In the edit page, under the heading “Photos and Video » Item”, select the “+” button to add a new video.
- With this new item added, you can begin to add the necessary information:
- Thumbnail: Here, you need to add a thumbnail you should have created for this video or image. This thumbnail should be 160px in width, and 88px in height.
- Title: Give your video or photo a title/name.
- Youtube Url: If this is a video, you can paste the url of the Youtube video here. Note: This video must be the shortened url and not the longer, normal version.
- Photo: If this is a photo, you may select the photo you wish to display here. This photo should be 550px in width and 330px in height.
- Photo Caption: You may place a caption for your photo or video here.
- At any point you do not recall some of these specific instructions, you may hover over the “?” button and find the size of the thumbnail, photo, or url requirements.
- When you’ve added all this, be sure to “Submit” these changes to your page.
After you’ve set everything up, this is what it should look like and how it should work:
- Videos from Youtube will have a icon on the bottom right corner indicating that it is a video, with the icon being a “play” button.
- Whether it is a photo or video, I can select to view the media by clicking either the photo or the link below it.
- Once you click open one of the photos or videos, a window should appear on your screen like this:
- After you view the content, you can hit your keyboard’s Esc key or click close on the upper right hand corner.