The following is some documentation on how you can create a new exhibition in the DAC website.
- First, log into Cascade and navigate to your website, Davison Art Center.
- Once you arrive at the DAC dashboard, navigate to the exhibitions folder on the left hand navigation tree, then the pages folder.
- Once you navigate to pages, you are ready to move forward.
- You want to first upload images for your new exhibition page into the images folder, which you can see sits within the pages folder (refer to the image above). To upload an image, go to the blue navigation toolbar at the top of the page, select “New”, then select “File or Image”.
Make sure you upload two images–one image is a larger image to display on the exhibition page itself, the other is a small thumbnail that will appear on your home page.
- You are now ready to create the exhibition page itself. First, make sure that the “pages” folder, not images, is selected in the left hand list of navigation. Then, in the blue nav toolbar up top, select “New”, then select “Exhibition Page”.
- In the page that appears after you select “Exhibition Page”, give your page a “System Page”. This is what appears as the page’s url (i.e., www.wesleyan.edu/dac/exhibitions/pages/pagename). The text should all be lowercase and have no underscores or spaces.
- Then, in the “Inline Metadata” section, in the dropdown, select if your exhibition is “Past”, “Current”, or “Future”.
- In the “exhibitions” section, you can now give your exhibition a title, start and end date and time, as well as a Short Description that will appear on the home page, and a Long Description that will appear on the new exhibition page itself. Each field with a yellow asterisk is required for this page to be completed.
- After you fill that information out, you will now need to add images to this page. Recall we previously uploaded images to Cascade in the images folder, now we need to connect it to this page. In the Thumbnail field, search for the Thumbnail you uploaded into the exhibitions>pages>images folder. Do the same for the larger image in the “Image” field, and give that larger image a caption.
- In the next two larger text fields, you can add in “Related Events” information and “Sponsor/Other Information”.
- When you finish all of the above, ensure that you go into the Metadata tab and input Display Name for this page and a Title.
- You’re now ready to go to the bottom of the page and hit “Submit”!