You are able to have external links appear in your site’s navigation — this means you can have a link in your navigation to a page in another department’s web space or to a non-Wesleyan website.
- In your site’s dashboard in Cascade select the folder in which you want the external link to appear.
- If you want the link to appear on your home page, select “Base Folder”.
- Iin the blue navigation bar at the top of the page, select “New”>> “External Link”.
- You should have now arrived on a page called “New Link”
- Fill in the “System Name”. It should be something short but identifiable for your external link, the same way you would name a normal page.
- Paste the url of the External Link you want this to link to in the “Link” field.
- Select the Metadata tab.
- Fill in the “Display Name” — this is what appears in the navigation
- Hit “Submit”.